Friday, March 25, 2011

Paid In Full

The most beautiful words I could hear today would be: Paid. In. Full.

Allow me to explain. Due to the nature of my various educational ventures, I have quite a few loans racked up in my name and my mother's name. This doesn't even touch the black hole that is my shopping addiction.

However, today is SUPER blessed as I received my tax refunds this past week and today have paid off the Sallie Mae loan in my mom's name(I'm sure I have increased in love in her eyes for this gesture) AND my remaining balance due to the University of St. Catherine. I have also paid off my Banana Republic card balance, which is pittance when compared to the other two payments made today, but nevertheless adds to the adrenaline coursing through my body and making my heart soar!

If you have so blessed that you have never had to deal with payments and bills and such, YAY for you! If you're like the rest of us Americans who will most probably be straddled with debt until the year 3010.....you know how I feel. I intend to keep this motivation up and continue to pay off a loan each month until I only have my Ave loan left.

I apologize if any of you reading this hate speaking about money. I hate discussing finances too, and usually make it a point not to speak about this, but I also make a point of spreading good news, and this is VERY VERY good news and a long time comin'!

Happy Feast of the Annunciation!!!!:
"Existing before time began, He [Jesus] began to exist at a moment in time." – St. Leo the Great

+ FIAT MIHI +

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Mona! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:56 PM

    This sounds like good news indeed! I agree, being able to pay off debt is like any accomplishment in life. So kudos for you, Mona! Rock on, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete