Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lenten Thoughts

Hi everyone!

Wow. Being off Facebook is HARD. But what surprised me about the whole thing is WHY it was so hard. It was hardest for me not knowing what everyone else is doing and what's happening everywhere. THE SUSPENSE is KILLING ME (softly. with it's song. ......)

Which then brought me to the thought....."am I really that addicted to being in the center of things? Being a busybody knowing everything about everyone else? Or annoyed if people find out about things before me?"

It was kind of like knowing there's a huge party going on but your mom grounded you so you can't go. SO LAME. (Side note: my mom grounded me constantly but would often forget so I don't *really* know what this feels like as I haven't really been in that position before. GAH. I hate learning through experience sometimes....)

I have decided therefore, that my blog posts will be reminiscent of my activity on FB, so prepare yourselves to what at first might seem TOTALLY random.
So tell me people (I.E. LEAVE COMMENTS*!): are you finding your Lenten resolutions harder to keep than you had figured on?

*My love language is physical touch and words of affirmation. I crave both, so if I cannot get one, please indulge me with the other! It makes me feel connected and not so alone-screaming-into-a-black-hole. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Referring to Facebook: I 'Like' this! Mona I also have decided to remove myself from Facebook for the Lenten season. There is almost a pause in my day where I think, wow, at this moment most definitely I would be scouring Facebook. Cheers and prayers to you and your fast ;)

    Asian Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, you are so enjoyable! :-) Here i am and I totally am the same way. i was on a trip this weekend and the first thing I did this morning was pay bills and see what I missed on FB from everyone else's weekends :-P I find that I am fasinated with peoples lives and those are even the kind of books I am drawn too (love Biographys). I don't know if it makes me a busy body or not but I don't care, ha! Btw- Lent is hard.love you! Michelle

    ReplyDelete