Monday, December 11, 2006

So...I Flipped Out Today....Again.

Dear all,
as i realized that my last post was QUITE long, i'm going to try and be better with this one. i don't know about you....but long posts generally discourage me. so.....here's to a hopefully short post: Cheers!

hmmm....how to begin.....hmm. well, it was such a shocker that i guess i'll just come right out and say it. Today i was completely startled when, this morning at breakfast, Ruthie(the lady i take care of, not my sister) asked me if my mom had a boyfriend. the comment and my subsequent short burst of "NO! of COURSE NOT!!" made me stop and think about that scene. it was NOT pleasant in the least, let me assure you. but then again.....i had literally NEVER thought about it. the idea that my mom COULD even date and marry again was just never an option. at least to me. it never even occured to me that it was even possible. and now i find that i can't stop thinking about that possibility and what i would do if it ever happened. which, for the record, i don't think it will. i mean....it hasn't even been a year since my dad passed away, and yet to someone like Ruthie, that wasn't a problem. i mean.....she acted like it was so matter of fact and feasible. of course....when i was thinking about it later, i felt bad because i really DID flip out on her. and she was only asking a question that was very natural to her.

this is SO surreal.

i mean...when she said that, not only was i startled, but i then found myself upset by the very idea that it COULD possibly happen! and then i found myself wondering what the heck i would ever do if that DID happen, and if i would EVER be ok with it! *WHEW!* what a load of stress!

i just don't know what to make of it. my MOM dating again??? being married to someone other than my dad??? HAVING another "dad"?? no WONDER kids are SO screwed up in today's society!!!! man, having to deal with this on an consistant basis would drive me NUTS!!

anywho.....that's really all i have to say. i'm just so flustered. and i apologize for this random post, but i needed to get it out of my system. hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Monica, I can well imagine the shock...that would be rather odd for most of us. However its not just in the modern world where having a new mom or dad is common (mostly because of divorce) but in the not so distant past, mortality rates where higher...so many people especially in the Middle Ages, would have had at least two marriages if not more. Strange to us...yes, fun, no, but commonplace...well maybe...and not always a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete