Friday, February 17, 2006

Turkey: defined...

Let me explain.....
In the history of my life, in the numerous times that i have gone bowling, i have NEVER been able to achieve a "turkey". A turkey is a HUGE accomplishment in bowling because it means that you had enough skill, or in my case, luck, to get 3 strikes in a row. now mind you, i've gotten quite close before....but it always eluded me. until now. *sinister chuckle*. last night we went out for a random night of bowling(only for about an hour, or 2 games) and, *drumroll please* I DID IT!!!! our first game was crap, but by the second game we were all warmed up and i actually got a TURKEY!!!! people, if you don't understand my elation....i feel sorry for you, because that means that you don't bowl and cannot therefore enjoy the ecstasy of that feeling. it is the feeling of absolute VICTORY. and nothing can top it. anywho, i just wanted to share.

in other news, there is still no word on my dad, so if you could all keep praying that would be awesome! with everyone praying for him, i feel sure that wherever he is, God is holding him in the palm of His hand. So please....keep praying and please ask whomever you know to pray as well! Thanks so much!!!! and to all of my friends who have offered such amazing support and comfort.....I wish i could tell you how much it helps and how much i appreciate it. but for now....a simple thank you from the bottom of my heart will have to suffice. Thank you.

well, there really isn't anymore to tell or say, but i have a crapload of school to catch up on so i might be out of the loop for a week or two. but know that i'll be back!!!*another sinister chuckle*....

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awesome game you bowled! I'm a very suckey bowler so I can TOTALLY understand your elation.

    I'm praying so hard for your dad. You and your family are all in my prayers as well.

    I'm going to try so hard to be there May 6th! How much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all praying for your dad, Moni. I only found out last night.
    I'll be there on May 6th as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've posted a prayer request for your dad on my blog, and the Cousinos have been praying faithfully for his safe return since day one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, darling. Sorry I missed you this morning. Have a good time out and off-campus. Still praying of course, and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete